The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and NC Board of Optometry have lifted the restrictions placed on routine eye care for our state. We are available for routine exams effective 05/11/2020 and have implemented extra measures to ensure the health of our patients and staff. We are happy to provide our patients a level of safety not possible at large, crowded opticals.
- We have modified our patient schedule to allow more time for sterilization between patients, and we have adjusted our exam process to reduce your time spent in our office.
- Our door will remain locked even during operating hours to carefully control occupancy and ensure social distancing.
- Patients are to come to their visits alone unless the assistance of a parent or another adult is necessary.
- Our disinfection protocols already exceeded industry standards. We have implemented new checklists to ensure all CDC recommended coronavirus disinfection protocols are performed between patients and throughout the day.
- We have implemented a system of signage on the doors of all patient care areas to allow us to communicate when a room needs to be sanitized and when it is clean and ready for use.
- We will have new “senior hours” for those patients age 65 and over.
- We have implemented a “curbside check-in” process. Text us from your car to let us know when you are here. We will notify you when it is time to start your exam.
- All submission of patient information forms, insurance cards, and driver’s license must be done online prior to exam, to reduce time spent in office and increase social distancing.
- Our team will always be wearing masks, and so will our patients.
- We are offering “Curbside pick up” and shipping to your home of contact lenses, glasses, solutions, supplements etc.
- All our team members will have their temperature checked and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms every day.
- All patients must pass COVID-19 screening questions prior to entering the office and will wash hands upon entering.
- Tele-health exams will be used when appropriate.
- All glasses frames in our optical are thoroughly sanitized according to CDC protocol between patients.
- Our entire office team has completed a thorough training on these protocols to ensure they are consistently followed.
We are grateful to our patients for their loyalty and support during this time. Supporting a small, family-owned and operated business means that every purchase makes a difference in our community! Please call our office if you have any questions or needs.
Dr. Dwight, Dr. Kelly, and the entire team at Cary Family Eye Care